GWR Churchward 3700 class 4-4-0 no 3440 'City of Truro'
Caught on the turntable at Tyseley. This Churchward designed loco was built at Swindon in 1903. Her claim to fame is that she was the first steam loco to travel in excess of 100mph although this has long been contested. Retred as obsolete in 1931 and entering preservation, it was returned to service by BR Western region in 1957 and served again until her second withdrawal in 1961.